Is it possible that the best part of Thanksgiving is after the actual meal? Everyone is happy-full, buzzing with good wine, and it’s time to sit on the couch in front of the fire, chat, play board games, nap–or whatever it is you do. Here are some ideas to wrap it up right.
1. “Anyone who didn’t cook is invited to clear the table” is the way to do it.
2. Take a break and wait a half hour before serving dessert.
3. Move to the living room to enjoy your pie.
4. Finish the meal with a digestif. A little amaro does the trick.
5. Play a game of “celebrity” after dinner. It’ll get people off of politics.
6. The Shawshank Redemption is a perfectly good alternative to the NFL.
7. Donate 5 percent of your Thanksgiving grocery budget to a food-focused charity.
8. Talk to the old folks. It’s gonna be you some day if you’re lucky.
9. Send everyone home with leftovers.
10. But roast an extra turkey breast for yourself.