It’s not uncommon, sadly, to hear patrons at golf tournaments holler something absurd after a shot is struck. “Mashed potatoes,” “Get in the hole” (on a par-4 tee shot, no less) and other such inane chatter is rampant. But for patrons attending the Masters this week, uttering one such phrase, among others, while enjoying a pimento cheese sandwich reportedly will result in being “removed” immediately.
Bunkered editor Bryce Ritchie reports that shouting “Dilly Dilly” — a phrase popularized in Bud Light commercials — will result in an immediate ejection from the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club.
Never fear, loyal…umm…person. Here are 6 things you CAN yell if you’re attending The Masters this weekend:
1. Tiger is a wonderful husband and father!
2. I love funny looking pants
3. Remember that time Fuzzy Zoeller was racist? Neither Does Augusta National
4. Look at the great golf ball whacker guy
5. Augusta National used to be an All white and anti-Semitic golf club
6. This game is ridiculous and we are ridiculous for watching it