SOURCE: Daily Star
After a long winter and a Bank Holiday weekend, you might feel stuck in a rut when it comes to fun in the bedroom. So NADINE LINGE has teamed up with psychologist Dr Becky Spelman, relationship expert for sex toy brand We-Vibe, to bring you 20 ways to make things sizzle.
Becky says: “In winter we wear heavy, warm clothes that hide the shape of our bodies, and are so often distracted by treats like cake and chocolate that we lose sight of different pleasures.
“Then the spring comes and, as we start peeling off the layers of clothes, our minds turn once more to thoughts of love and romance!
“Why not use this as a time to spring clean your love life… and put a spring in your step while you’re at it?”
1. THE winter woollies might have been keeping you warm at night but now is a good time to put them away and invest in some scantier nightwear. Some sexy undies will give your partner a strong message about your intentions for when you’re both between the sheets.
2. GIVE your room a makeover. Ditch any clothes that might be drying on radiators or clothes horses and bring some fresh flowers into the room. Open the curtains, open the window, and let some fresh air in. You might invest in some pretty new bed linen, too. Transforming your room into a more attractive environment will make it more inviting for love-making.
3, TALK with your partner about new positions or moves you’d like to try. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut. Fortunately, it’s also easy to get out of a rut! It just takes a little imagination.You could also consider investing in some sex toys – the We-Vibe Sync couples toy can be worn during sex to enhance the pleasure felt by both him and her.
4. THE sense of smell is frequently underestimated. Try a new perfume or cologne with floral notes to evoke spring – and make you smell delightful for your partner.
5. REMEMBER that sex is not just about the physical contact and excitement, it’s also about anticipation and courtship. If you’re in the mood for love, you can build suspense by inviting your partner to go on a romantic walk with you. Hold their hand, whisper sweet nothings and imagine the more intimate delights that are waiting for you at home.
6. ABSTAIN from sex for a few days but stoke your desires by talking to each other about what you would like to do to one another’s bodies. Let the anticipation can mount until you just can’t wait any more.
7. EXPLORE some taboos. While sticking within the limits of what you both fi nd comfortable and exciting, it might be worth pushing those boundaries.
8. DON’T get hung up on keeping score. It really doesn’t matter how often you have sex, or how often each other of you reaches orgasm. So long as you are both having a good time, that’s all that counts.
9. TURN to literature. There’s an incredible world of erotic literature out there, and that a lot of it is written from the woman’s point of view. We’re not talking about obvious choices like the notorious 50 Shades series, either. You could try picking up a classic like the Kama Sutra and seeing if it inspires.
10. EROTIC delights can be found in other places too. The world of fine art is full of pictures of voluptuous pleasures from around the world. A trip to an art gallery might be in order!
11. IF you usually make love in the dark, try throwing open those curtains and letting some daylight in on the proceedings. Don’t be self-conscious about your lumps and bumps. Even models have their imperfections – and your partner finds you desirable and gorgeous just the way you are.
12. TURN up the volume on some music that will really get you going. Music can really set the tone, whether you want your love-making to be sedate and loving, or dramatic and ravishing.
13. ROLE play can be fun but stay away from tired old stereotypes. The world has probably seen enough saucy French Maid costumes. Let your imagination run riot – you might be pleasantly surprised by the results.
14. SHARE your secrets with one another, few things bring us as close to others. Telling a secret is deeply intimate, so delve into your past and find a little something that you usually don’t tell anyone, perhaps because it’s a tad embarrassing.
15. WATCH an erotic movie together. Not porn, that’s just so obvious, but something like Dangerous Liaisons. Let the movie inspire your love-making and maybe even lead to some exciting role play.
16. START your evening by cooking together. Cooking can be a deeply sensual experience in itself, and spending the evening together planning, preparing, and consuming an aphrodisiac meal could really set the scene.
17. REJECT white wine or beer, or whatever your usual tipple is, for a sophisticated cocktail or two. After all, it works for James Bond!
18. MAKE a pledge not to talk about anything boring and everyday, including work, money worries, and politics. There’s really nothing even remotely sexy about any of those topics.
19. MUTUAL grooming and massage can be very pleasurable and erotic. Oil up your hands and give them a back-rub until they are deeply relaxed and all the worries of the day have been smoothed away.
20. REMEMBER that the brain is the most important sex organ. When we are turned on and aroused by what we hear, taste, smell, and see, our genitals and the rest of our bodies will follow suit – and so will some mind-blowing sex.